Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Big Girl TV...really?

So what is the deal with special shows about big girls? Can they not be mixed in with the other shows? I mean really!
We all know about Celebrity Fit Club and Biggest Loser. Here they have obese people trying to get healthy. I get it. I watch those shows and I get inspired to get fit, to get healthy<it is wrong I watch those shows and eat ice cream?>to get my body image back on good terms with myself.
But lately I have seen shows that I feel exploit big girls. I refuse to watch them too.
For example, TLC has a series called "Say Yes to the Dress". I do like the show and I do watch it. I love wedding dresses. But they have created one for big girls. It is called "Say Yes to the Dress, Big Bliss" "For a plus-size bride, there's pressure to find the dream dress and the perfect fit, too." WTF? It is all about big girls and them finding their dream wedding dress. Well excuse the fuck out of me but is the NOT what "Say Yes to the Dress" is? I mean let's not let the big girls mix in with the skinny bitches when finding a wedding dress. I mean does this wedding dress store have special days that big girls can come too. What I see is that a big girl comes into that store and TLC is filming. Oh wait...you cannot be on this show, you have to be on the fat girl show. Why can they not have all sized girls on the one show? It really pisses me off that they are not on the same show and they had to put together an entire show of just big girls trying on wedding dresses. Stupid fuckers. Way to single us out TLC!

TLC goes even further to piss me off with a show called "Big Sexy". "The show features five plus-size women trying to make an impact in the world of fashion. The ladies prep for runway shows, hit the beach, and go “boy hunting” all while celebrating and being wholly comfy, not lamenting, their figures."
I watched it once and it is fucking sad. I saw those girls get singled out and made fun of while waiting to go into a club while skinny bitches were let in and when they finally let in the big girls they tried to charge them $30.00 each to enter. That is fucking sad! I don't want to see that! I am a big girl and that does nothing for the body image. BIG FAT<no pun intended> FAIL TLC!

I also found this show called "Drop Dead Diva" on Lifetime, the channel for women<one of the worst channels EVER>. "The series revolves around vapid blonde and aspiring model, who is killed in a car crash. only to be brought back to life in the body of a recently deceased, brilliant, hardworking, overweight lawyer". Oh way to punish that skinny bitch, bring her back as a fat ass. Are fucking kidding me here? Because this skinny bitch was a bad person she comes back as a big girl. Come on really? How about a homeless person? Maybe a person with special needs. Stupid ass show!

Oh and MTV is on the big girl band wagon too. They have a up coming show called "Chelsea Settles, MTV’s latest 324-lb reality star. Settles uproots from her hometown in order to chase her dreams of making a name for herself in L.A.’s image-conscious fashion business. Though she does struggle with her weight (especially after her boss reminds her, "We're in an image business... the fashion industry is very weight-conscious”), she’s presented as a bubbly, mostly confident 23-year-old." Yeah right! Good going MTV, this looks great! Send this for now, bubbly, mostly confident 23-year-old to LA, the home of skinny bitches. Poor girl, she has no idea the heart break she is in for.

So the actual point I am trying to get a cross is that big girls do NOT need shows of their own, put them on the same shows as everyone else. The media is the reason us big girls have such a bad body image, are you fucking trying to make up for that by doing this. If that is the case you FAIL!

Now, I will step down from my soap box and look for those cookies I hid from myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment