Thursday, May 31, 2012

Can You See Me Now? Good Lord Yes, We CAN See You!

Okay people I know that the neon colors are coming back in style but come on.....neon on a big girl?

I was shopping at one of my favorite stores that has my favorite big girl section in it the other day and noticed that most of the color choices are neon. Really people?

Neon was popular in the 80's. I was a child of the 80's so I know this. I loved my neon because that was what everyone else was wearing. Loved my neon bracelets and neon splatter paint shirts and everything neon. But now........

Neon became the color that said hey can you see me and is worn by construction workers and usually has some sort of reflective tape on it so you can SEE them and not run over them.

Is this really how we as big girls want to be seen. Really, here I am in all my bigness and I am wearing neon so you can see me better. NO! Big girls should NOT wear neon! These colors are reserved for skinny bitches so you can see them in the buffet line and not run them over to get to the fried chicken before it is all gone.

Now a little bit of neon is okay. Like accent neon. A hint of neon is good. But NEVER EVER a full on neon shirt or shorts or jacket. NEVER I TELL YOU!
Let's leave the neon to the skinny bitches and construction workers so we can see then and not run them over<yeah, okay, I have SEEN skinny bitches while driving and I have wanted to run them over, I am sure you have too, don't you judge me!>

Now which black shirt should I wear today?

No comments:

Post a Comment